Public Art Committee
ABOUT THE PUBLIC ART COMMITTEE
The Public Art Committee utilizes art to embody an experience and delivers a platform for audience engagement and reflection. As part of its efforts to engage audiences of all backgrounds in recognizing the full context of Virginia Tech’s histories, the Public Art Committee will develop public art exhibitions representing Virginia Tech’s marginalized communities and their roles in shaping the university at Solitude and the Fraction Family House.
CALL FOR PUBLIC ART
UNDERSTANDING OUR COMPLICATED PAST AND RECONNECTING WITH OUR LAYERED HISTORIES: AN INTERNATIONAL IDEAS COMPETITION
Engage with the Public Art Committee's call for creative proposals from artists globally illustrating the ways historically marginalized communities have and will continue to shape Virginia Tech.
MEMBERSHIP OF THE PUBLIC ART COMMITTEE
Chair: C.L. Bohannon, Associate Director, School of Architecture + Design; Associate Professor, Landscape Architecture | College of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Samuel Blanchard, Associate Professor, School of Visual Arts; Chair, Studio Art; Assistant Director, Planning | College of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Sam Cook, Director, American Indian Studies; Associate Professor, Sociology | College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- Jenni Gallagher, Ph.D. Candidate, History | College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- Brian Katen, Associate Professor, Landscape Architecture | College of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Jennifer Lawrence, Assistant Professor of Political Science | College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- Meghan Marsh, Communications Manager, Office for Strategic Affairs | Office of the President
- Anza Mitchell, Graduate Student, Science Education | College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences